Thursday, September 10, 2009

No subject needed

I am going to Minneapolis on Saturday to see the President!!! I'll be leaving Bemidji right after work head straight down to the cities hopefully getting there around seven or eight at night. I'll be staying with Robo which is super exciting since I haven't seen him in a few months and he lives close enough to the Target Center that we can just walk there instead of taking the bus or biking but sadly we'll have to wake up around 5 or even earlier if we want to get good seat but it's well worth! Plus, both Al Franken and R.T Rybak are going to be there I really can't turn down this opportunity how often does the President come to Minnesota outside of an election year anyway?

As for the health care speech? It's been analyzed to death by people more educated then I ,who like to hear themselves talk more then I do, which is saying a lot. It was a good speech and I think it got the point across of what Obama wants to do for the American Healthcare system. I was also struck about how rude the GOP was during the speech including the "You lie" outburst by Joe Wilson, which has been a bit of a boon to not only for Obama but also Rob Miller who is running against Joe Wilson. Joe Miller has raised 644,000 in the last 24 hour mostly via dailykos.com and the actblue PAC which claims to be "the online clearhouse of Democratic action" if you would like to donate to Joe please do it here

Jason and I have gone biking the last few days and it's nice to have someone to go biking with and it allows me to keep pace with someone else and just keep myself from killing myself everyday. More ant sex yesterday, more ants smacking into you at 17mph and if your Jason the go into your ears and mouth. Hopefully that was the last time we will have to deal with ant sex this year.

Last thing, I played some pinball today at the arcade in the mall I paid for ten games and I got nine or eight for free from the machine. Sadly it wasn't the Lord of the Rings pinball game but Pirates of the Caribbean which isn't nearly as fun LOTR pinball but it had it's moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment