Monday, September 7, 2009

Way to much soup...

Soup is my favourite thing to make not only is it ridiculous easy thing to make but you can make a ton of it at once and then freeze it for days, weeks, and even months to come never having to worry about dinner since there is always soup ready to be thawed in the freezer.

I have been meaning to make a ton of soup for the last few days but other things came up like trying to save Buttertop or something shiny caught my eye like the nice weather and I just didn't get to it till tonight.

 
That's five pounds of mushrooms, carrots, and
potatoes, two heads of celery and two onions.
If you are thinking my that's a lot of vegetable for one soup you are right but when I put in the order at work I thought it wouldn't be enough. It's hard going from cooking for 160 people to yourself, I swear, really! It is!

 
I always use the food processor my mother gave me
to do the slicing and grating for my soups. Thanks Mom!
1. Add olive oil and onion to the stock pot, cook until clear.
2. Add sliced celery and grated carrots... try to cook.
3. Add Mushrooms... Realize there isn't all that much room left.
Add water, potatoes, and ignore the lack space left in the pot.
4. Realize you still have to put in lentils and quinoa into the pot
remove a bbq jugs worth of soup and then add the lentils and quinoa.
 
5. Cook for a long time until everything is done except the potatoes
that are almost done but you aren't going to wait until they are done.
 
6. Put soup in cute little tupperware containers your mother bought you. 
  
7. Put forty meals worth of soup into the freezer hoping that 
the still hot soup doesn't thaw your freezer completely...

8. Smile for the camera!

I normally puree the crap out of the soup before I freeze it but I decided not to as it would hopefully allow me to feel more full after eating and give my stomach something to do to keep me from overeating. I almost cooled the soup in the bath tub first before putting it in the freezer but that would have meant putting in the freezer before I go to bed and that my friends is to much work and I am le tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment