Wednesday, January 27, 2010

iTablet will cure cancer and people will like your more!

While I wait for the newest episode of Shameless to download and for Apple to release the glory that will be their new iTablet, iPad, iBook or whatever you want to call it. Why not update the blog?

I had a meeting with the head of the nursing department to discuss what I would have to do to become a nursing student. It was a very informative meeting and she told me a something I totally didn't even pay attention to at the time I applied to BSU. I would have to take a CNA course at the Tech school in town before I can apply for the nursing major my sophomore year at BSU. At first this news scared the shit out of me since there is a class this spring that I could take and get it out of the way but man, school so soon... Boo.
But after buying some food at the Co-op and buying some new kick ass Haus Schuhe I had calmed down enough to just process what a CNA is and what doors it could open up.

With a CNA I could get a job at a nursing home that would allow me to work hopefully around forty hours a week and still be a full time student. This is something I feel I wouldn't be able to do at CLV and it would just cause me more stress trying to get enough hours to pay my cost of living but also have time to go to school. Mind you this is all in the future so I am not really going to worry about it but it might be a good plan if it all comes together, it comes together and if not it's still a great cert to have. If I hate just getting my CNA I will know that being a nurse is going to be way to hard for me and can figure out what to do in the fall and get my general eds out of the way. Either way I am pretty sure I am signed up for the class and I am looking forward to going back to school for something after years off. If I can juggle my CNA class and work I should be golden for the next four years... right?

I bought Mass Effect 2 on opening night and so far it a pretty solid game  and feels more developed then the last Mass Effect plus you don't have to drive the fraking Mako around anymore which is more then enough to get me to do more while playing the game. You know longer have to run around looking for minerals on planets, now you scan for them and shoot off probes to stake your claim in minerals that you need to upgrade items. The combat system is now more like Halo then Mass Effect which has made it a bit harder for me since I am used to that sort of game play but I am getting used to it even if I have to replay the same events over and over again. Anyway enough blogging for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment